Friday 15 June 2012

Homecoming


Question… Is it too early to be feeling nostalgic if I haven’t even boarded the flight home? Because I totally am.

Summing up this trip in one paragraph would be impossible… but here is my crack at it:

6 months, 3 countries, 11 cities, 7 towns, 19 flights, 5 road trips, 1 (unnecessary) bus haul, 1 skiing experience, 3 boat rides, 2 lost U.S phones, 1 smashed IPhone screen, 2 damaged cameras, 1 runaway suitcase, 1 wallet lost, 1 wallet found, a hefty debt, 2 spring breaks, 1 music festival, 17 hotels, 3 guest houses, 1 college dorm room, 1 super bowl, 4 live ball games, 5 rounds of beer pong, approximately 40 cheeseburgers, over 100 ice-creams, too many litres of alcohol, invaluable new friends, 10 000 photos, countless stories and one once-in-a-lifetime experience later, here I am… a very happy and extremely lucky camper.

A friend of mine shared this on facebook and I thought it very appropriate. Also kind of eases my dread about the debt I have accumulated, though I have never doubted that it’s all worth it…


  
Ran out of time to share all the stories about our travels in the last few weeks so I’m not done raving about it all just yet!

But for now, I’m coming home. See you soooonnn, Brisbane!


No comments:

Post a Comment